Thursday, October 25, 2007

WIPs

I've been on a jewelry/beading binge lately. I have two more pieces in progress :)

First is a red & black asian themed choker. I'm mixing some black, carved, hexagonal beads with dark red, round, glass beads. The focal bead looks like a black mahjong tile. I worked on the actual bead layout last night. Need to pickup some sort of cap beads for the cording to finish off and attached toggle to.

The second is an fall choker of orange twisted wire and sparkly glass beads. I've never worked with wire but took advantage of the recent JoAnn's sale to pick up a 'Coiling Gizmo' and a 'WigJig'. Last night I twisted the center wire element from 16g wire. I need to find my big tool wire cutters cause my little jewelry cutters are not... well... cutting it LOL

I'd like to get both finished tonight but not sure that is feasible since I need to pack for my Tampa trip. Pics soon!

No comments: