Wednesday, July 30, 2008

More Purging!

More purging of the good kind! Mom just left with my old computer desk, a free standing sewing notion holder thingy, and a huge plastic tub of... stuff! I can't believe how much of a difference it made - there is more floor! open space! airy-ier! I can see what is left better too. Some of it she'll sale on Ebay, some will get sold in an upcoming yard sale.

I showed off all the elements I've been pulling together for C14. She loved it. Yes, she's my mom and she's gonna support nearly everything I do but it feels good to get some validation for my work. To have someone else see the same vision and think it's on track - well, it feels good. I've got all the jewelry entered into the database. I'm going with over 50 pieces. I showed her everything too and she thought it was enough too. Whew!

All that is left is: cut & serge the table drape; buy table cloth; put pinback onto Spider Broach, paint henna-like designs onto display arm; pack it all up!

I ordered a couple cute tops & a dress from www.alight.com. They should be here today and hopefully fit. When they arrive I'll start pulling together outfits and packing my personal stuff. Tuesday I have a hair appointment to spiff up my layers. I may re-red it before I have it cut. If not before then immediately after so the smell is gone by Thursday.

Just got back from errands. I'm still bouncing from her praise, "Wow, you've really got this all together"! This coupled with some comments I've recently received from folks on my work is just making me glow :D Ok, tablecloth, clips & table skirt is bought. Found a funky placemat at Target that will coordinate with my table drape too.

Gonna scarf down some lunch and paint an arm LOL

No comments: