Thursday, August 14, 2008

Book Recommendation

I read a recommendation on Craftster.org for "Be Your Own Boss: Small Time Business Operator" by Bernard B. Kamoroff. It was the subtitle, however, that grabbed my attention, 'How to start your own business, keep your books, pay your taxes and stay out of trouble' LOL!

I had questions on exactly how to handle paying for expenses from both my personal and business account, and what I should be documenting, etc. This book answered all my questions! The table of contents and chapters are clearly labeled so you can skip straight to the necessary sections. The language is straightforward and simple. Terms are defined and examples given. Spreadsheets are in the back of the book too.

Thanks to this book I've set up my checkbook in Microsoft Office Accounting, and used Excel to create a Monthly Income Ledger and Expenditure Ledger. Come month-end and year-end I'll be pulling it off the shelf again :)

No comments: