Thursday, August 21, 2008

Upside of Tropical Storm Fay

There was an upside of Tropical Storm Fay. Being stuck inside while we got hit with nearly 30 inches rain resulted in two nearly complete beaded projects.

The first is a beaded necklace using a cool lampwork bead I picked up several years ago at a local gem & mineral show. To me the bead looks like a Chinese dragon is trapped inside.

I'm going to string these on a shimmery metallic ribbon, maybe a light purple or pale gold.

The second project doesn't look like much yet LOL

I'm using a broken fragment from either a crystal wineglass or a crystal candlestick as a base. I started with peyote stitch then right-angle-weave when I increased bead size. I have a vague idea of what I'd like but just kinda going free-form with for now. An interesting departure from jewelry :)

No comments: